Sunday, November 9, 2014

Itaugua

¡Hola Familia!
 
This week was kind of a hard one but it was a really good one too! I’m just gonna run through some highlights and stuff.
 
Tuesday was way rad. First we woke up and had all of our normal studies and stuff. Then we got to take a collectivo (a super sketchy bus that are always hand painted with super cool vibrant colors and stuff that I ride all the time that's always jam packed and you have to run and jump on to get on -haha) to another town 15 minutes away called Mboi´y for a district meeting and our whole zone was there.  I got to meet a ton of new missionaries and it was so cool to talk to all of them that have been serving here for a while and listen to their stories. I love getting to meet new missionaries because we're all so similar and become best of friends super fast! Anyway, my zone is way cool and we had a big meeting all in Spanish (I barley understood any of it) but it's all good!  After that we got to go hit up a Cyber (a sketchy internet cafe place- like the one that I'm chillin in right now writing this on a barley functioning keyboard.) Then this night we had English class at the church where we teach the members or anyone that wants to learn English. I thought it was going to be kind of like a chore that we have to teach a whole class but it was probably the most fun I've had since I've been here! It's so funny to teach these kids all these English words especially because I don't even know half the words I'm supposed to teach in Spanish so I can explain it to them. It ended up being like a hour long game of charades and by the end my stomach was in serious pain from laughing so much! but, yeah. Life is good and I'm lovin it here!

kkkkk so here is a pretty funny story that happened this week... So we just finished our last lesson of the night and we were both on our way back to the house when we passed these two girls chillin on the corner of the street with very very very low standards -haha. that's the best way I can describe them. Once they see us they come up to us and my comp saves us and tells them that we don't speak Spanish so they wouldn't bug us, but they just start asking our names being all flirty. We just kept walking past saying we have to go in English and while we were walking away they kept shouting something at me that I didn't understand, so I just gave them a half smile and a quick thumbs up and just kept walking. When we got back to the house I learned that the words they said meant I looked really handsome and stuff like that.  I also learned that the thumbs up in Paraguay when you do it to a guy means what’s up but when you do it to a girl it straight up implies that you want to hook up with them -hahahaha. yeah, so. I accidentally told 2 girls workin the corner that. Great..... Another normal day in Paraguay -haha

Thursday was a good day but we didn't have lots of success.  We didn't have any appointments set up for this day because we're both brand new so we went out contacting for the whole entire day. A day like this means it's going to be a day filled with a lot of walking. The whole time we were out we talked to almost everyone we saw and a total of 2 people let us in just to talk with them. Our area is definitely a difficult one. One of them to let us in was a man in his 30´s named Bruno. Right when he said his name was Bruno I almost laughed because I thought how much Kiwi would love to hear that I'm about to teach a dude named Bruno (like Bruno Mars) - hahah. Man it definitely made me miss all my bros. But I know their doing the work of the lord just in all their different places. I can't wait for the moment when we all chill together again. But until then! I'm loving this work! I know going all day and only having 2 people listen can be hard but it is so worth it when you find these people that value our message. Im so grateful for the people God places here for us to teach.

Friday....Happy Halloween!! Even though no one celebrates it here it was fun to say Happy Halloween to all the North Americans in my district. This day was a really hard day we contacted all day long and we had a total of 2 people let us in again. This area is really difficult.  So far I've been screamed at, cussed at, completely ignored -ha. This can really be hard work. I'm glad I don't understand most of the words because the look on my comps face after this stuff happens just breaks my heart.  I don't know how we have been pictured as the bad ones in these situations. Like every time we are always so nice and loving but no matter how much we try they still get so angry. It is really starting to crush me to see how angry some of these people are. I can start to see why this area got closed down before. The branch president told us that the last baptism to come from our area was over 6 months ago. But also, the 2 people that let us in were some of the nicest people I have ever met. We met this one old lady that only spoke Guarini and could only understand a tiny Spanish and that was soo crazy! It straight up sounded like she was just making up random sounds and saying them -haha my comp understood a lot of it though! The other was this small family that had a special needs son who was 8.  During our visit I could just see how much the mom loves her son, she kept smiling at him and playing with him throughout our visit and it really made me happy to see. I just wish these people could understand and feel how much God loves them or know how much this Gospel can change their lives for the better. I am praying for these people constantly and just hope their hearts can be softened enough to hear our message.

I am loving life and you all should be too!

I hope you all have a great week!

I love and miss you all.

Elder Midsize (Nyberg)

No comments:

Post a Comment