Friday, May 1, 2015

Peruvian comp.

Hola familia!
I had a really fun week this week haha definitly been making the best out of living in a crazy South America country for sure. This week I got bit by a parrot, fell in a giant thing of caca de vaca, (cow poop) did some servicio with some machettes, and made some super legit peruvian food. Life out here really is the best, a couple nights this week after we got home from working, me and my comp just have been chillin and talking about all sorts of stuff. First off my comp is such a stud, I've learned so many lessons from him its crazy, this email I just wanna give you guys a little taste of my comps life and how cool he has been.

Aight, so my peruvian. He is like 4 foot nothing and a little alkward (but the good kind of alkward haha). He lives in a town somewhere in northern Peru and has 3 littler siblings and his parents. That makes him the oldest. Before coming here to the mission he has worked his whole life ever since he was super small. To get money to come here on the mission he worked for two years in a brick factory, hauling bricks with his hands all day long. Every day for two years he would wake up at around 4 in the morning, ride his bike for an hour and get to work at 5am. He would work all day long and into the night, until 10pm. Then after 17 hours of working he would hop on his bike and ride for almost a full hour back to his house. Day after Day, Night after Night, for 2 full years. You guys should see his hands, their like legit rocks from all the calleces, everywhere. Then for his parents, everyday they would sell candy or little snacks on the streets and after working for about half a day, his mom would have just enough money to by some bread or something small to eat for lunch and his dad with the money he earned that day would have just enough for a little dinner. The thing that gets me everytime, when he tells me about the days when his parents didnt earn enough money and they didnt have enough food. And for their christmas, your probably not going to believe me but the christmas present they got on christmas night was one 2 liter bottle of soda to go along with the food they had. My comp is the radest person ever, when he gets back he keeps saying his goal is to work as much as he can so his parents dont have to work anymore. You guys have no idea how much i have learned from just the 3 short weeks I have been with my little peruvian. Just to start, I have learned to be truly grateful for the gifts and opprutunitys that God has given me down to each peice of food I get to eat each day. Oh man you should see my little peruvian pray.... for sure before every meal, every morning when he wakes up, and every night. I know that he is thanking God with all his little peruvian heart that he has in every prayer that he gives. I love getting to hear his prayers before we go out to work, they are so legit i cant help to smile in every one. Without doubt he always remembers ¨to bless my companion Elder Nyberg and his family¨ its so sweet. But I hope you guys can take these things and apply them, to help see the blessings and hand of God in everyone of your lives more. But I love you guys so much and am looking forward to getting to Skype in a couple weeks!

Elder Nyberg 

No comments:

Post a Comment