Saturday, October 11, 2014

dulce de leche

Hola familia!

Just giving you a heads up this email is going to be kinda short because not much has been going on this week! We had conference so we didn’t get to go out proselyting on Saturday but it’s all good because I learned soo much! I’m gonna give you all a little run down on a couple of my favorite talks too.

This week consisted of tons of class and learning just like every other week. It helps that I get to be with my district while going through all of this. I really love my district. I have grown so close to them all! We have the best times together and I will always remember them for sure! I am having the best time of my life down here in South America! This week consisted of tons of class and learning just like every other week. It helps that I get to be with my district while going through all of this. I really love my district. I have grown so close to them all! We have the best times together and I will always remember them for sure! I am having the best time of my life down here in South America!
K, so there is this amazing stuff down here called dulce de leche, which is kind of like caramel but so much better! It’s in pretty much every candy and sweet thing down here.  It is super good with bread too. Anyway, they have a tray of them most mornings for us to eat at breakfast and they are sooo good! Since day 1 we were brought in on a secret group of elders that all have one big stash of dulce -haha. Since the older group of North Americans were leaving the next day (which was kind of sad) we all made it to our goal of 600 packets of dulce de leche -hahaha. There is a full drawer of them all the way to the top.  It’s so heavy; some elders struggle to even lift it up! I got some pictures ha all the elders are so proud of it. I’ll try to send a picture.

Neal L. Anderson had a pretty sick talk that I learned a lot from. I’m just going to run through a couple points that I liked, but I invite you all to go back and re-read it! 
- The Internet doesn’t have a "truth filter" about things you can find on Joseph Smith or the church. It might have an Infowest "Clean Filter";) but lots of false things are said about our prophets and our church that are out there, so be careful on what you find, read, and believe. God gave us his scriptures and prophets for us to use to learn and grow from.
- You wont be much help to others if your own faith/testimony isn´t solid. Just like the airplane video when the oxygen masks falls down. It says to put on your own mask first and then you can start to help others with their masks.
- Never doubt the testimony that you already have. 

Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- My favorite part of this gospel is that we can know the truth for ourselves. 
- God cares about us, he will listen and answer us.
- 1st Search the scripture of God with a sincere desire to uncover truth and prepare our minds to receive the truth.
-2nd, consider, ponder, try to believe, and be grateful.
-3rd. Ask Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ for the truth having a sincere heart and pure intent, and WITH faith. Having faith and showing our faith when we ask for truth doesn’t always mean we get an answer right away. I have had experiences where it took a while and lots of prayer, always keeping faith that God will answer us. 
-4th. Live the Gospel doctrine in your life you can test them with a sincere desire and intent to know for yourself.
After we have done these things God WILL answer you. Keep in mind answers can come many different ways and sometimes we can receive them when we least expect it. But I know he will answer your prayers because he has answered mine.
- "Gathering spiritual light is a quest of a life time but if we do our part it will come and it will be glorious"

My favorite talk was Jeffery R. Holland’s. If anyone hasn’t seen this, or even if you have, go back and watch it again. It was so good!
-It’s Mostly based on being humble and about the poor. For some reason I don’t know why, these two things have always felt like really important to me. Even starting with my mission call, my dream missions was someplace in Africa or in South America where the people don’t have a lot but they are completely humble. And somehow I’ve been blessed to serve in close to the poorest country in all of South America. I am still blown away that I get to wake up every day and live my dream.  I haven’t got to spend a ton of time outside the CCM to meet a lot of people but I can just tell these people are very humble and I am already starting to love them.
-Later on in his talk he gave the example of our prophet Tomas S. Monson coming off the airplane arriving back home from his mission wearing his slippers and different clothes because he gave EVERYTHING all the clothes down to his shoes to the poor. This part in the talk hit me so hard.  This is what I strive to be. This is where I want to be. I want to have a love for the Paraguay people so much that I would give anything to help them. I am grateful for the prophet and the example he is to me and all the other examples in my life, even Jesus Christ, the greatest example of all!

I love you guys. I hope you are all doing great! 

Elder Midsize(Nyberg)





No comments:

Post a Comment