Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ohhhh La Fabrica



Hola familia!

This week was a pretty chill one! Life here in Paraguay is getting better and better! Even though the weather is still getting hotter and hotter.... for us down here the official start of summer is like December 21 and I can definitely feel every day just getting a little worse and worse because of the heat.  I'm always asking the older missionaries how last summer was here for them and one thing I have found in common with all of them is that they all used the exact same words ¨I survived¨ -haha yeah and all the Latin’s I ask just say ¨vamos a morir¨ tons of times –haha. Oh (which means were going to die). 

But even with how hot it is here I am so glad I lived in St. George before this because there are some missionary’s that come from cold places straight to Paraguay and they are legit dying from the heat -haha. Even though the weather here is nothing like St. George with all the humidity I am still so much better off being accustomed to the heat than some missionaries and I am so thankful for that. The humidity is such a weird thing here I still am not even used to it yet. It’s like there is small little water droplets in the air everywhere you go and it feels like the air is like thick and heavy its hard to explain -haha. 

This week was kinda cool I got to go on a division with another elder in my district named Elder Wagner from St. George too! He went to Desert Hills and is like a year older than me but it was super cool just to talk to him all about stuff back in St. George and he could actually relate to it. There is actually quite a few missionaries in this mission from St. George so that’s rad. One thing the Paraguayans always say after they ask where we’re from and if the answer is Utah they always will say ¨ohhhhh la fabrica!¨ (the factory) -haha its kinda funny most of them don’t know where this ¨Utah¨ place is but they just know that tons of missionaries come from there so they always call it the factory. It is kinda weird coming from Utah out to another country or another place just because the difference is so big! Like I still remember when I went out proselyting in the CCM and the people didn’t know what the Mormon church was or never heard of it and it just blew my mind –haha. I always thought everyone just knew about us and just knew all about our church.... but nope! For sure living in Utah is really different than living somewhere else and being a member. My comp. is from California and he like freaked out once he found out we get time out of High School to go to seminary and it’s like right across the street in a big building just for seminary -haha. I remember thinking when I was younger everyone just did things like don’t drink coffee and tea or never say any swear words or even not being able to go out and do regular things on Sunday just because I thought that’s how life was, and that’s just how everyone was. -haha it sounds kinda dumb now to look back on and think about how I once thought about these things kinda like this. But really once it all came down to it what I really needed was a true testimony of the book of Mormon. After I read, pondered, and prayed about these things and the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon I received an answer that I can never deny. I have no doubt in the world when I say that I know the Book of Mormon to be true and that the fullness of the gospel is contained in its pages. And after I knew this, all these things that I had been living in life changed from ¨weird rules that everyone in Utah just does¨ to things that God has told us to do only because he loves us and wants the best for us. If any of you have asked yourself questions like, why do we do things a certain way in the church I sincerely challenge you to Read, Ponder and Pray about these things in the Book of Mormon to truly gain a testimony of them and to have a stronger testimony of the truthfulness of the book of Mormon. If you do these things in the way that Moroni has asked us (Moroni 10:4-5) to do them I can promise you that God will answer your prayers. Because he has answered mine. I am so grateful for the knowledge that God has blessed me with and the opportunity that I have to share this knowledge everyday with the people here in Paraguay.

I love you all and miss you tons!

Elder Midsize(Nyberg)

No comments:

Post a Comment