Monday, December 22, 2014

Hospital Visit

Hola Familia!

This week has been a really great one! Not gonna lie it feels superrrrr superrrr weird having Christmas in the summer down here but I am loving the Christmas season! I hope you all are loving it too! I have an experience I wanted to share that happened this week that was pretty cool.

So Wednesday morning for our zone activity we all got together and went to go to sing Christmas songs in the hospital to all the sick people down here. K, first off imagine the sketchiest place you can think of....... ok got it....... now times that by 10 and there you have a Paraguayan Hospital.  You know those run down sketchy hospitals in scary movies that always have zombies in them? Yeah exactly like that. There were parts of the hospital with tons and tons of sick people then we would take a turn down a hall and it would be completely abandoned. But really though it was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. Most of these people by the time we were finishing one Christmas song were full out crying and breaking down because of how grateful they were. During all these songs and throughout the whole time in the hospital just the spirit there was so cool. I seriously don’t even know how to describe it. If I were to try and put it into words it would be just feeling a warm feeling of pure love for these people. I have never been the kind of person to cry about anything but seeing these people breakdown in front of us over and over really got to me. Just to have the opportunity to make these peoples day a tiny bit better was the coolest thing ever. 
I’m so grateful for this opportunity I had, it really changed my outlook on life a lot more. It helped me realize the real important things in this life and also how good my life has been up to this point. I don’t know why I have had all these great things in my life that I’ve grown up with and just had or why God chose to bless me with all these things like being born with the gospel in my life, having great parents that have taught me everything I need to know, having awesome family and good influences everywhere in my life. I feel extremely blessed, I am so grateful to my heavenly father for the love he has shown to me. This is a big reason why I am out here serving everyday of my life. Some people don’t even know that their Father in Heaven even loves them or of their divine potential that we all have as sons and daughters of God. I love that I get to share about the love that our Father in Heaven has shown me and watch it bless these people’s lives. I am loving this time in my life so much and I can tell you right now that its going to be the hardest day of my life to have to leave this place. I hope you all have an awesome Christmas.

I love and miss you all.


Elder Midsize(Nyberg)

No comments:

Post a Comment