Monday, November 2, 2015

Collectivos & Elder Gutierrez

Haupeí familia! (guarani this time;)

this week has been a pretty crazy one! lots of work and some cool expierences too. Hope you guys all had a great time on Halloween! and made sure to eat some extra candy for me! i have changes tomorrow so we´ll see what happens!!

Okay I gotta share a bit about my day today, cuz its been insane jaja... soooo they told us all of the district leaders and the zone leaders of the whole mission had to go to the office today because a seventy was going to be there to talk to us. So I woke up at 3am this morning with just enough time to hop in the shower and put my suit on then were out of the house and waiting on the Routa(highway) for a collectivo to pass by to take us into the centro of san lorenzo. So we wait, and we wait and we wait. It seemed super wierd that there wasn't any collectivos passing so we just had to walk a couple miles to the center of the city to wait there. Once we got there, we soon found out why there were no collectivos... there was a TON of people all going on strike against the collectivos for thier prices. It was insane!! Sooooo many people with banners, drums, shouting and screaming. So we had a little problem.. jaja we had to find a way to get me and like 5 other missionarys to this meeting which was all the way in Asuncion, on top of dealing with all these crazy people in the streets. So we found this old dude that had a pretty sketchy old Mercedes and paid him to take us to first track down the other missionaries and then head off to Asuncion. Weaving inside and out of crazy traffic and people. It was for sure a crazy process. But we got there and like right on time! It was an adventure that im not going to forget. But we then had about a 5 hour meeting with the seventy about the mission and they gave us a whole new system to study and get better as missionarys. I loved it. I learned so much. You guys have no clue how much i love my mission pres, like for real the sickest dude ever. I've learned so much from him today and from the seventy. I really wish I could express just the littlest amount of what I learned today but I don't know how I can put it into words.. the things you learn in the mission you can't learn anywhere else thats for sure.

Okay other expierence. You guys remember my little peruvian Elder Gutierrez? yeah so today I learned he just had a heart attack..... It was a crazy story but thanks to his comp now, God and fast acting he is okay. but man you guys have no idea how much this little peruvian means to me. You know that saying where you don't really know how much you love somthing until its gone? Today I couldn't find myself focusing on anything but my little peruvian comp. He taught me more in 3 months than I could have learned in a life time. I know God puts us with our companions for a reason, every single one. But i called him after the meeting was over today and got to talk to him for a little. You guys just have no clue how great this guy is. i just love him so much. I ask him how he is doing and the first thing he tells me is ¨nahh its not that important, i want to know how YOU are doing¨ He then goes on to ask about everything that I'm doing to make sure I'm okay and everything is good. He is the perfect example of a selfless, beyond humble person. After that I could finally get him to talk about how he was, and he says he is hurting but says he can still work. I ask him if he has to go home to peru and he just laughs at me and goes in spanish ¨man I still got a year left out here serving the Lord, there's no way I'm going home shorter than what the Lord wants of me¨ So yeah, he's staying in the mission, after a heart attack. i just can't put into words how much this little alkward peruvian has changed my life -haha. I really don't know what more to write. Other than Guti is my fav. 

Okay last expierence for the week. like 3 days ago the sister of Lisandro came home from chile. His sister was the only member of the church in their family until Lisandro got baptised. Yesterday she got up in testimony meeting and gave the coolest testimony. She told us that she has been praying to her father in heaven for years that her family could come to know of the truth of the gospel. And she said when she was sitting down and saw Lisandro bless the sacrament as a worthy priesthood holder now it brought tears to her eyes. After she came up and thanked us as missionarys for the work that we have done to change her brother's life. In the mission there is really nothing better than seeing the fruits that come from our hard work. Its feels so great, its more than just being happy its like pure joy, kinda hard to explain. but its just the best feeling ever to get to be part of helping these people come unto Christ. 

Anyways I hope you guys are all doing good. I love you guys TONS! I know without doubt that this church is true. I love this gospel so much and the change that it brings when we LIVE it.  I know Jesus is our savior and that he lives right now. I know that he is leading and guiding this church through Thomas S. Monson today. I dont have a single doubt in my mind of these things. 

Elder Nyberg

Elder Gutierrez

Elder Nyberg & Lisandro

No comments:

Post a Comment